Tuesday, January 22, 2013

I Am A Poet And Know It

When people see it, they might just see it as one thing.
When I see it I spend every single second
studying every exact little detail.
I study the different shapes, sizes, noises,
Design, and styles.
Four-teen, ten, twelve, six-teen and twenty-two.
Maple with a grey steel finish.
That is what I use but everyone has their own voice.
The attack of the snare, the punch of the kick,
And the high and low tone of the toms. 
These things make me happy, when I use them in 
Pattern I become ecstatic.
Especially in company with the bronze golden cymbals
That make beautiful sounds.
The ticks, dings, suspense, and crashes.
The just add on to my voice and everyone elses who uses them.
When I use it I express myself for who I am 
I am the instrument.
 

1 comment:

  1. Boss poem home skillet. i like the "I am the instrument part" I know that feel man

    ReplyDelete