Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Dream Within A Dream

When I read A Dream Within A Dream I was amazed on how much feel and emotion Poe, I can see myself seeing Poe in his situations and what he has gone through. When I was reading the poem it seemed to me that he had some regrets and he just wishes that he was dreaming so that way it wouldn't have had such an effect on him. Also when he is going through his emotions he is he put that "I hold within my hand the Golden sand How few! yet how they creep Through my fingers to the deep," I feel like that he had some regrets or things that he wish he could have done that he didn't do and the sand represents the chance that just slipped away in through his fingers. So this poem definitely shows some romanticism because it shows that don't do things that you will regret and don't regret the opportunities you will have in life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment